Four Healthy Chicken Curry Recipes That Even Picky Eaters Will Enjoy
One of the meals that have slowly spread across the entire globe is chicken curry. This is an aromatic and rich meal that the whole family can enjoy…right? The truth of the matter is there are people that are very choosy about their meal.
Not everyone enjoys the goodness that is chicken curry. More so, not all chicken curries are healthy for our bodies. Chicken tikka masala, for instance, contains about 1,500 calories which are not so great for our health.
In this article, we discuss 4 healthy chicken curry recipes that your entire family—including the choosy eater—will love.
Jamaican Chicken Curry
One of the chicken curry recipes that will be too hard for your family to resist is the Jamaican chicken curry. It’s quite easy to prepare if you’ve been making chicken curries before.
- ¼ cup of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2¼ pounds of a whole chicken, chopped to small bits.
- 3 cups of water.
- 2 green sliced onions
- 1 piece of fresh minced ginger root
- 1 scotch bonnet chopped chile pepper
How To Prepare Jamaican Chicken Curry
- Grab a bowl and whisk garlic powder, curry powder, seasoned salt, thyme leaves, pepper, onion powder into it. Add the chicken stir thoroughly.
- Grab a skillet and turn oil and 2 tablespoons of curry powder and set it to high heat for 2 minutes. Add the chicken mix into the skillet and set the heat to medium. Add potato, carrots, scallions, chile pepper, and water to the mix.
- Cover the skillet and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve the chicken to a dish and allow the gravy simmer for some time.
Vegetable Satay Curry
This is one nutritious chicken curry that everyone is bound to enjoy.
- ½ large onion
- 1 green chili
- Vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 3 diced chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of garam masala
- A handful of coriander leaves.
- Cooked basmati rice.
How To Prepare Vegetable Satay Curry
- Get a bowl and turn 1 teaspoon of cumin, turmeric, and coriander the diced chicken breasts. Allow it to marinate inside the refrigerator.
- You need to prepare a sauce. To do so, turn a small amount of vegetable oil into a pan, and turn 2 chopped garlic cloves, green chili, and onions. Fry them for about 6 minutes. Add water to the mix and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Get another pan and fry vegetable oil with 1 tablespoon of coriander, cumin, turmeric for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the onion mixture into a food processor and stir. Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring out the marinated chicken and fry it. After a couple of minutes, add sliced onions, chopped red pepper and continue to stir. Add the prepared sauce to the chicken mix. Allow it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of masala and a handful of masala leaves.
Easy Butter Chicken Curry
The Easy Butter Chicken Curry is a healthier version of the typical chicken that everyone will fall in love with.
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 500g boneless chicken thighs
- 1-2 teaspoon of hot chili powder
- 200g yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 chopped green chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons of ground fenugreek
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree.
How To Prepare Easy Butter Chicken Curry
- Make a marinade mix with the paprika, ground cumin, hot chili powder, 1 lemon, and yogurt. Add the chicken to the marinade mix and keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Grab a skillet and pour vegetable oil and set it to medium. Add garlic, green chili, ginger, onions, and other seasonings. Let it fry for 10 minutes. Add spices and tomato puree and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken and add water, and let it simmer for 15 minutes. You can sprinkle the almonds and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
Chicken Katsu Curry
Chicken Katsu curry is one of the popular dishes you should try.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon medium curry powder
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 carrot
- 2 spring onions
- Lime juice
- Cooked rice to serve
How To Make Chicken Katsu Curry
- Stomp chicken breasts between two sheets of clingfilm. Use a rolling pin to flatten them.
- Put egg, flour, breadcrumbs into 2 bowls and dip chicken into them.
- Grab a skillet and pour oil inside. Toss onions and fry for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute. Toss curry powder and flour and add water. Let it simmer for 2 minutes and add honey and soy sauce. Let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Get a non-stick frying pan and pour some oil inside and cook the chicken for 5 minutes until it is cooked.
- Peel one carrot and mix it with sugar snaps, a squeeze of lime, herbs, spring onions, and seasoning to serve it as a salad.
- You can serve the meal with cooked rice.