Make Delicious Jam During Berry Season and Enjoy It All Year
The fragrance of berries is announcing the arrival of the berry season. Strawberries, blueberries, and my favorite raspberry are here to satisfy our cravings. While many people like desserts, tarts, and pies featuring berries, making a jam during a berry season is like preserving a treasure for the whole year.
Raspberry jams are rich in taste and beneficial for health. Plus, raspberry jam is perfect if you want to enjoy a light and tasty breakfast.
Wondering how to make raspberry jam? Well, it’s quite simple and easy to make this sweet/tart jam at home.
The delicious recipe we have mentioned in this article will help you enjoy this delight filled with the goodness of raspberries the whole year until the next season.
How to Make Raspberry Jam?
- 6 cups fresh and ripe raspberries
- 5 and ¼ cups of granulated sugar
- 1 box fruit pectin
- ¾ cup of water
- glass or plastic jars with lids for storing
- Get some fresh ripe berries for the jam. If you use overripe berries, the jam will be too soft or runny.
- Wash and rinse the plastic container or glass. How many you want will depend on their size. This recipe can make around 7 to 8 cups of jam.
- Take a large bowl and add berries. Mash them lightly. Make sure not to over mash them. They should have little chunky flavor rather than whole berries.
- Take out three cups of smashed berries into a separate large bowl. If you have leftover raspberries, you can freeze them for making smoothies or use them for topping on waffles or pancakes.
- Gradually start to pour 1 cup sugar to the bowl and stir it constantly. Stir the mixture until the sugar gets dissolved. Repeat this method by adding one cup at a time and then mix them well. This means you will be using the remaining four and ¼ cup of sugar.
- Keep aside and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Take a small saucepan; pour pectin and ¾ cup of water in it. Stir them well. Bring it to rolling boil, over medium-high heat. Boil it for one minute and stir it constantly.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Pour pectin into the berries mixture and stir it while pouring. Stir the mixture until the sugar gets dissolved and is no longer grainy. Don’t forget this step; it is important to get the required consistency.
- Pour your tasty jam into containers. Make sure to leave ½ inch of space at the top of the glass or container you are using. This is because the jam will expand after some time.
- Cover it with lid and keep the jam at room temperature for 24 hours. Do this procedure before freezing.
Thinks to Know
This amazing and mouth-watering jam is great to keep three weeks in the refrigerator. If you are thinking about how to make freezer jam, you don't need to because you can freeze it for one year.
Moreover, you can enjoy this delicious treat in breakfast or even snack time for days, as you get 7 to 8 cups of jam. It can fill around 4 pints. But if everyone in your family is fond of this rich-flavored berry, your jars will empty soon.
You can serve this amazing jam with honey whole wet bread, cornbread, buttermilk biscuits, and vanilla ice cream.
So, now you don’t have to waste your time thinking about how to make raspberry jam. You can just get into your kitchen and make some raspberry jam this season. You can enjoy it in breakfast or serve it with other sweet dishes such as pancakes.