The Best Pressure Cooker Recipes for Fall
Are you in a hurry and want to make something quick for lunch? Using a pressure cooker is the best way to make delicious and tasty meals in a few minutes. It is easy to handle, especially for beginner chefs. Moreover, you can try many pressure cooker recipes featuring the ingredients available in the fall. We have shared two best and simple pressure cooker recipes for you. Try them for dinner or lunch.
Pork with BBQ Sauce
If you have pork shoulder and BBQ sauce, make this mouthwatering pressure cooker recipe for your family while celebrating the arrival of fall.
- 1 to 2 tbsp veggie oil
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (cut into two pieces)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups BBQ sauce for each burger (keep more for serving)
- Toasted rolls for serving
- Select the sauté option to preheat the pressure cooker. When it gets hot, add the oil to the cooker. Cook pork until it gets brown on both sides for 3 minutes each side. Take out on a platter.
- Add 1 cup BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup water to the cooking pot. Combine it well with a spoon. Put the pork again and add accumulated juices.
- Lock the lid and select high pressure. Cook it for 75 minutes.
- After it gets cooked, turn off the cooker. Let the pressure release for about 20 minutes.
- After the valve drops, remove the lid. Take out the meat from the pressure cooker and shred with two folks. If you want, you can discard excess fat.
- Strain cooking liquid. Reserve around a half cup.
- Toss shredded pork in the cooking pot with 1 cup BBQ sauce and reserved half cooking liquid. Bring it to a simmer and stir to combine well.
- Serve on toasted rolls with BBQ sauce.
This tasty sesame chicken recipe is easy to welcome fall and best to serve your guest.
- 4 large size boneless chicken breasts (diced around 2 lbs)
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tbsp veggie oil
- 1/2 cup shredded onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp water
- Sesame seeds (toasted)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- Season shredded chicken with freshly ground black pepper. Use the sauté setting to preheat pressure cooking. Add onion, oil, chicken, garlic, and chicken to the pot. Stir occasionally until the onion gets softened, around 3 minutes.
- Add ketchup, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes to the cooker. Stir to mix. Cook on high setting for 3 minutes. After that, turn it off and let the pressure release.
- Add honey and sesame oil to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Take a small bowl, add cornstarch in water, and put it to the pot. Put the cooker on simmer until the mixture gets thick. Add green onions and salt.
- Serve the chicken on rice with sesame seeds.
You can also make white rice for the recipe mentioned above in the pressure cooker. If you are a person who always looks for well-cooked rice, try this easy peasy recipe.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups of water
- Add the rinsed rice, salt, and water to the pressure cooker. Stir it well.
- Lock the lid. Set it on high pressure for 3 minutes. After the time, turn off the cooker and release the pressure for 10 minutes.
- Take out the rice and enjoy with your sesame chicken or even with your favorite sauce on the top.
These pressure cooker recipes are great if you are in a hurry and take less than an hour to make food. Try the recipes mentioned above, and I hope you like them.