Time-Saving Tips for Busy, Tired People
When’s the last time you looked at the clock and thought to yourself, “Man, I have so much time left in my day.” Chances are that thought doesn’t come to your mind often. In fact, we often experience the exact opposite thought and constantly feel like our days are being rushed. If only we had some time saving tips to help us get through this.
We live in a busy world and most of us live busy lives, but that doesn’t mean our day-to-day schedules should leave us feeling tired, exhausted, and depleted of any quality we had in our life. We should be able to enjoy our days, relax at night, and receive a solid night’s rest each and every night.
Why Do We Lose Time So Easily?
There are a lot of reasons why we lose track of time so easily, eventually leaving us with little-to-no time to complete the tasks that matter most. One of the most prominent reasons has to do with priorities, something most people struggle with.
We all have a billion things to do everyday, but none of us will get all of those things done each day. The key is to make sure you’re getting your priorities handled first, before you move on to some of the other tasks.
The other main reason is because we fail to leave ourselves enough time each day to relax -- and rest! We often pack our schedules so tight that there’s not enough room for anything else. To combat this, be picky when adding things to your schedule and be stingy with your time -- you don’t get it back!
Time Saving Tips for Adults
Adults have a lot of responsibilities and it can be difficult to choose which of those responsibilities are your top priority. One trick we like to do is write down all the tasks you want to get done that day -- whether it’s 2 things or 25 things.
Instead of just working down that list one-by-one and doing all the easy things first, do the important things first. Circle the things that need to get done that day -- meaning there’s absolutely no way it can be done tomorrow. The things you circle get first priority in your day.
Here are some more time saving tips for adults:
- Don’t be scared to disconnect from the outside world if you need ‘laser-like focus.’ Sometimes, it’s the only way.
- Don’t be scared of technology, but don’t let it distract you either. Instead, utilize it to make you more efficient.
- Stay active, even if you’re just sitting at your desk. Your mind will appreciate it and will help you work faster/more efficiently.
- Delegate when things can be done by someone else, but ask in a positive and uplifting way. Don’t belittle anyone.
Your time as an adult is important. You need to make sure you’re not spending any of it doing tasks that are invaluable to you or don’t support any of your goals.
Time Savers for Students
While an adult’s time is important, that doesn’t mean a child’s time isn’t. Where adults spend most of their time building things outside of themselves, a child’s main priority is growing and developing themselves.
Here are some of our most prominent time savers for students:
- Agendas help you organize your tasks, homework, and other assignments.
- Especially when spending time with schoolwork, eliminate distractions that take away from the studying.
- Don’t just study, set goals about what you want to accomplish during that study session. Give yourself something to work towards.
- Don’t procrastinate when an assignment isn’t due right away. Get it done early!
These time saving tips can help any student get the most out of the time they’re given. Each moment is precious as a child, so wasting it is not an option!